Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Charles Gale Moore



(Chuck) Monday, November 10 at 4:45 in the afternoon, my father died. We had been with him and Mom for several weeks here in Yuma, Arizona. He has suffered from multiple very serious ailments for the last years, months and days. My mother has been a constant companion in the most difficult times and the happy times. Her strength has been a beacon for her children. In the months before Jan and I and my sister Jackie arrived, she was faced with a number of difficult decisions. In the last months Gale has been hospitalized in several Yuma facilities. His last stay was the Life Care Center on 19th Avenue in Yuma. The staff and administrators who provided him with care were excellent. We went back to them today and thanked them for their efforts. They are a professional group who seem to always have the care of their patients in mind. We sincerely feel that they provided the best care possible.

I was fortunate to be able to be with my father when he gave his last. It was a time that I shall never forget. It was a privilege to be with him in his death. My life would seem to be unfulfilled if I had not been with him. My father and I did not always seem to get along. It was not a bad relationship, but it was not as other fathers and sons seemed to be. We both knew of this and neither seemed to be able to solve it. It makes me smile to know that in his last time of his life that we did breach this gap and we no longer will harbor any uncertainty about our relationship. I am a better man for it and I think he is also.

He will be cremated here in Yuma and he will be buried in the family plot in the Manning City Cemetery in Manning, Iowa. His burial will take possibly take place next summer. Jan and I will stay in the Yuma area close to my mother for most of the winter. This is his obituary which I wrote.
****

Charles Gale Moore age 85
“Gale” Moore, son of Wilfred Dales Moore and Elsie (Vandeman) Moore was born December 31, 1922 at the home farm near Botna, IA. He attended rural schools and graduated from Manning High School in 1940.
On December 28, 1945 Gale was united in marriage with Joanne Grundmeier at Harlan, IA. Four children were born to this union, Jacquelynn, Charles, Gregory and Christi.
Through many years Gale and Joanne farmed the home farm near Botna, and owned a fertilizer business in Manning, IA. In the 1970s and 1980s they wintered in South Texas and Arizona. In 1991 they established their home in Yuma, AZ. Gale enjoyed selling cars in the Yuma area.
Gale has been in failing health for several months and has resided the last three weeks in the Life Care Center in Yuma, AZ, where he died November 10, 2008, aged 85 years.
A cremation and memorial gathering will be held in Yuma, AZ. A memorial service and burial in the Manning City Cemetery, Manning, IA, will be held on a future date.
He was preceded in death by his parents and by two children, Gregory and Christi.
Survivors include his wife Joanne of Yuma, AZ; his sister Beatrice Joy Doyle of Westside, IA; two children, Jacquelynn and her husband LaVern (Butch) Spieker of Renton, WA and Charles Moore, and his wife Janice of Manning, IA; five grandsons and fifteen great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.

No comments:

 
room reservation in London