Monday, November 16, 2009

53rd Street in the Foothills

004(Jan) Chuck and I have moved back down to The Foothills just east of Yuma.  009For the last several winters we have rented a lot occasionally on 53rd Street so when we drove in this year, it seemed a like coming home.  We’re just a mile or two from Joanne’s, Chuck’s mom, and close to a whole lot of Boomers who call Yuma their home in the winter.  We spent the morning looking for a new Dish/DVR receiver and package as our receiver died.  Also, stopped by to visit with Gary and Nancy when we were in their neighborhood. There’s a Colorado River Hot Air Balloon event this week-end and then next week it’s on to Mittry Lake, north of Yuma, for the Boomer TurkeyRang on Thanksgiving Day. 

3 comments:

jcw3rd said...

Do you have GPS coordinates? I'd like to locate you on a map so I can see how close we are to you. We're at KOFA Ko-op.

-- jc&bev

Chuck and Jan Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jcw3rd said...

Bev and I just paid a visit to Best Buy and I noticed our current Direct TV DVR on the shelf there. If I were to loose my DVR, I'd just buy one from Best Buy and transfer the smart card over to the new unit. I doubt I'd even have to call them to notify them of the change, but even if I did, it probably wouldn't be a big deal. Just a serial number update for their records, probably.

 
room reservation in London