Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father’s Day Week-end

Chuck with sons Brent and Eric(Jan) I got to spend a special day Sunday with my dad & mom, my husband, my brother, sister-in-law and two of my three sons and their families on Father’s Day.  We had wanted to have a picnic but with a 90% chance of rain we moved inside to the party room at my parent’s apartment facility, the Swan House. We had a good time having everyone together; shared some great stories, Ryan played guitar for us and we made plans to be together again for our niece Susan’s wedding in August.

Brent and Donna's clematis Tuesday Chuck and I had another fun day as we headed over east to visit a Boomer friend.  We stopped at Brent and Donnas' house first, though, and got to join their family at lunch time; wonderful meal and a wonderful welcome on very short notice.  We had just found out that a Boomer friend, Patsy Cook, was at Little Wall Lake north of Ames and we wanted to catch her before she moved on. It was sure good seeing her and sharing travel stories. Patsy, you look great!  Happy Travels! We were also glad to visit Little Wall Lake as it is a very nice county park and close to the kids and grandkids in Ames.

No comments:

 
room reservation in London