For the past five days we have been ‘lot guests’ at Jim & Diane’s. We had a wonderful time and thank them so much for having us stay. Our days were filled with a variety of activities.
- Jan joined Sharon & Patsy for Zumba Gold classes Monday & Wednesday and loved it!!
- Chuck went for a long walk with Ron through the neighborhood & hiking with Jim to see a Petroglyph site.
- Spent time visiting, doing projects and playing cards with Joanne and had some marvelous lemon meringue pie.
- Went to a fun gathering at Ron & Sharon’s new property in the Foothills. Ron grilled hotdogs and we all brought side dishes, snacks, desserts and drinks. The group is pictured above.
- Jan joined the Boomer group for Movie day at the Main Street Theatre and dinner after at Da Boys. The action packed ‘Mission Impossible; Ghost Protocol’ was playing. Good movie and as was the pizza!
- Having coffee and lunch on Jim & Diane’s sunny patio. Visiting and playing Pegs & Jokers.
- Jan walking through the neighborhood & chatting with Diane.
We closed out our 5 day Foothills run with Green Chili Pork Burritos, Margaritas and Pegs and Jokers with the Meads, Millers and FisherBakers. We played 2 table with the losers moving and then we all switched partners. Chuck and Ron won the most games. What a fun week we’ve had. Whew! Time for a break……..except…….
We are on our way to Quartzsite to join the Boomers for our annual gathering in Scadden Wash east and south of Q. We’ll join 100+ rigs for a couple of weeks of walking, hiking, 4-wheel drives, geo-caching, having seminars on solar energy, batteries & inverters, healthy eating, travel to the Maritimes, Mexico and Alaska, fire extinguishers & safety, health care & insurance issues, dutch oven cooking and building earth ovens, group discussions on workamping for Disney, Amazon and the National & State Parks, Pace’s movie nights on Rose Bowl & Balloon Fiesta experiences etc, Happy Hours, Potlucks, Chuck’s Chili cook-offs, Wine taste testing, the Geraldine contest, Gretchen & Bob’s Pancakes, CARE auction, and of course, playing Pegs & Jokers, crafting and visiting!! Oh, and may-be a trip into Quartzsite to see what's new in the 'big Tent', or seeing the Rock Show or shopping at Tyson Wells or Rice Ranch or the Main Event. It’s going to be a fun and busy couple of weeks!