Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Friends, Furniture, Fibula

011(Jan) Friends Bill and Gisela were heading south to Shipshewana so we joined them there for five fun days and did what good friends do; visited, shared dinners and had some friendly competitions over the Pegs and Jokers board. Since Chuck & I have been looking for some Euro chairs, we made several trips to the Elkhart/Mishawaka area together. We also had a special week-end seeing the RV Museum on Saturday and going to Mass at the Notre Dame Basilica and dinner at Amish Acres on Sunday.  The four of us then headed to Nappanee for five more days. More shopping, Mass at the Basilica again, a Notre Dame FB Game for Bill that finished in a 3 OT win and lunches at Olive Garden and Culvers for all of us. We had a wonderful time together.

006The dining room at Amish Acres where we enjoyed the Threshers Dinner 010RVs displayed  in the RV Museum in Elkhart, Indiana 002at Notre Dame

When we bought our MH nearly three years ago, two things on my wish list that didn’t come with this MH were an oven and chairs in the living room. Chuck installed a gas oven last fall and after looking at lots of different chairs this month, we were lucky to find the Euro chairs we wanted on sale in Mishawaka. We sold our sofa sleeper on Craig’s List and it will be going to a new home in this area tomorrow.

For me it is week 11 of my fractured fibula. I am now walking with a cane and wearing a sturdy laced-up, velcroed brace. There is still some ache/discomfort but my dearly beloved keeps reminding me that I am ‘healing’, not ‘healed’.

1 comment:

ourbusandus said...

It makes me think that if the doctor had operated on it, it might be all better by now. I know I was in my boot for 8 weeks and by the time my boot came off, I was walking a bit awkward due to numbness on the bottom of my foot, but, I didn't have any residual pain at all. I hope that by the time you guys get to Yuma, your ankle will be a lot better than it is right now. Have fun with your kids!

Hugs, Sharon & Ron

 
room reservation in London