(Jan) We moved into town to take in a whirl of social activities the last two weeks.
- Lunch with the Boomers at Village Inn Pizza
- Chuck & I and John & Julie brought dinner to Ron & Sharon’s and played Pegs and Jokers.
- Ladies Luncheon with the Boomer Girls at Julianna’s
- Going away Party for Patsy at Joy’s
- Nickels card game and dinner with Gary & Nancy and Joey & Carl at J&C
- Pegs & Jokers and dinner with Ron & Sharon and Jerry & Carol at R&S
- Lunch with Midwest friends Gary & Karen & friends who were traveling through Yuma.
Our friend Patsy, a long time Boomer, has had a home in the Foothills. This vivacious gal graciously included us in a gathering when we first started coming to Yuma for the winter in 2008. We met many of our Yuma friends who still live in the area now. Yuma will not be quite the same without Patsy here.
Chuck finished a couple of house projects while we were here in Yuma that I’m really appreciating!
Now I have a place to store my earrings and bracelets.
Chuck added a bar as a guard in front of our spice rack in our top cupboard. No more spice bottles shifting and falling after we have been on a bumpy road!
In between all of the activities we had great time living close to downtown Yuma and the Palms Shopping Center. We managed to shop for a few necessities…and few that weren’t. Best of all we had our friends John & Julie living next door! Lot’s of visits and few therapy sessions; many Pegs & Jokers games, breakfast at Penny’s Diner and an ice cream stop at Sam’s. We had a fun & relaxing time with them. Great neighbors!
On Friday we filled with propane at the Shell Station at Pilot Knob and filled with water at Gray’s Well. We drove north to Blythe where we intended to dump our holding tanks at the Municipal Facility but they were already closed for the day. So on to Quartzsite we went, where we dumped our tanks and then drove south of town to MM99. We found a nice spot to settle in for a couple of days before we head up the road about 10 miles NE to Boomerville. We were in this same area a month ago and there sure are a lot more RVs here now!